Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Job Interview....More veggies!!!

Well, I had my job interview today in Mount Vernon. I think it went well. They will look over all the interview they are doing today, Thursday and Friday and then call a few back in next week for a second interview and decide from those and the person they hire will start after Labor Day. The only problem with that, is if they hire me, I will be two weeks without any pay of any kind because my unemployment runs out in two weeks. That is NOT good! I hope that Manpower calls me and hires me then I would start next Monday. I just have to learn to be a bit more patient and let God do His thing.....

I chopped up my zucchini and onions and have them sitting in a brine. Tomorrow I will rinse them and chop the peppers to go into it and make my zucchini relish. I also shredded two quarts of zucchini for the freezer to make zucchini bread. I picked almost a dozen cucumbers tonight. That is about all I could handle because of the heat. I will have to go out tomorrow and pick my tomatoes and beans. I might be able to make some salsa tomorrow too. I will have to get busy really early though.

I talked to mom today and she said dad had completed his 3rd radiation treatment and just 37 more to go. He said he is feeling ok, just a bit tired, but that may be because of the heat. He said he wasn't doing too much since they are under a heat advisory.

Hubby is getting a bit anxious about the weather and lack of rain. He is constant checking his cell phone...he is technically challenged but someone showed him how to put it on his phone and now he has the weather on it. I don't know which is worse...watching the weather channel all the time or him checking his cell phone!! I guess you will have that when you are married to a farmer!!

I will have to take some pictures of our little kittens to post. If anyone wants one or more...please let me know!! LOLOL There are 5 of them....

Blessings.

No comments: