Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The garden is overflowin'!!

I canned 8 half pints of hot pepper jelly today. I may have gotten too much hot pepper in it! I licked the spatula and boy the afterburner kicked in after I swallowed!!! Whooooooeeeeeee! It is really good on crackers and cream cheese. I still haven't figured out what I am going to do with all the bell peppers I picked last night. I might make some pepper relish and zucchini relish with them. I will have to go cut some cabbage tomorrow. I have about half a dozen ready to cut.

It is too freaking hot out to do much gardening! I was out there today for about 15 minutes and thought I was going to die. I have no idea how hubby can stand it out in the shop with no air blowing and the humidity so high. It is like a sauna. Poor Cookie (my 6 year old beagle) stayed inside most of the day. She would go out for a short time and then would be at the door wanting back in.

Hubby and I went over to Mike's house and swam this evening...cooled off!! They have a really nice above ground pool. Jack, Mike and Renee's Labradoodle, was his regular roudy self. He is so funny! Hubby gets on the floor and romps with him and Jack just loves it!

We have been blessed with an abundance of kittens this year and here is one peaking from behind the bannister of the deck. Isn't she pretty? She has two other siblings, a calico and a solid black one. Their mother is tortoise colored.

Well, say a prayer for the job interview tomorrow. It is at 2:00 and I am not sure how much it pays yet. It figures that everything in the garden is starting to get ready to can and I may get a job. I need to go and search for more jobs to apply to....Later

Blessings!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hey Momma! I love the pic of Jack! It's a real cute one! Love ya!

the lizness said...

Hey!!! great pictures, I love the kitten.