Saturday, August 18, 2007

Disappointed...

Well, had my big, first time at the Farmers Market and I am very disappointed. I was surprised at how little I sold...but I guess I shouldn't be. Consumers can be a bit persnickity (that is how it is spelled...right?). I think I made about $28, a lot less than I had planned on. But it did give me some new ideas for next time. Missy said it normally is extremely busy. Oh, well! I guess I will try the Fredericktown Farmer's Market on Wednesday if it isn't... raining that is. I canned another 9 - 1/2 pints of hot pepper jelly tonight. I also picked a big dishpan full of cucumbers which need to be made into pickles or relish sometime tomorrow. I still have about 28 BIG bell peppers left that didn't sell at the market. They will either be frozen (chopped) or made into relish, not sure which one yet. Oh, some sad news....our black kitty (see picture below) went to kitty heaven today...she gave her 9 lives on the road. She had somehow climbed up inside the truck bed and when Hubby was driving up the road she jumped out and he accidentally ran over her. He felt really bad. Well, I can hardly keep my eyes open so I will talk to you all later!
Blessings...

No comments: