Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Canning anyone????

Okay....I am totally whipped. I just finished canning 8 pints of pickled pepper rings and 7 pints of pickled beets. Tomorrow I will do my green beens and maybe some cabbage (sauerkraut). I had to look up a recipe for pickled beets on the internet...I couldn't find my old faithful recipe that used honey.

I got a call today for another interview. WoooHooo!! Wednesday at 2:00 in Mount Vernon. I also received my testing packet for the post office in Mount Vernon. I applied for this job way back in May. I should know, hopefully sometime this week if I got the job in Mansfield. I hope and pray something comes up soon as I only have three more weeks (including this one) of unemployment left.

Sarah has started volleyball tryouts this week...very hard workouts. She came home and crashed today after her practice. Her boyfriend, Taylor, came over Monday evening and pigged out on fried donuts before dinner...I think it kind of slowed him down a bit for dinner...He is an absolute bottomless pit!! I sent him home with one of my pints of pickled pepper rings that had popped open. Okay...it is still good...I didn't send him home with something spoiled!

Okay...I have been up way too late again and need to high tail it to bed...tomorrow will be another long day of canning....

Blessings!

No comments: